- BIARO is to develop, produce and market products for office workplaces and public space with as little adverse impact on the environment as possible.
- In addition, we are to protect both the external and the internal environment. Environmental considerations and an ecocycle-based approach are to drive continuous improvements and be accorded high priority within the company.
- BIARO is to strive for increased recycling and increased re-use. Our goal is to ensure that our customers are fully aware of our environment-friendly profile, a profile that is to be actively marketed.
Compliance with environmental legislation is to be a minimum requirement.
- All product development is to be weighed against environmental aspects before the product is included in our standard range.
- We are to make demands on our suppliers regarding their environmental conduct.
- As far as possible, all the information we send out is to be in electronic form. We urge our customers to implement and use electronic invoicing.
As of 2014, our products are made from raw materials with the FSC® label.
Read more about the FSC below.
FSC is a successful international forest certification system that is globally recognised by leading environment and social organisations and is often used as a prerequisite for major private and public procurements.
The system is based on an independent, impartial certifying audit in accordance with standards developed by the FSC. Its tracking standard focuses on systems and procedures that ensure effective control of certified forest fibre throughout the production, storage, transport, buying and selling process.
For further information about the FSC and its work, visit https://ic.fsc.org/en
All companies wishing to contribute to a sustainable society through their purchasing are welcome to join the Swan network.
Our goal is to ensure that goods and services with this Nordic ecolabel are given priority and become a natural feature of all purchasing processes.
The network exists to provide support and inspiration to others who also wish to work towards a sustainable society. BIARO is a member of the Swan network for eco-friendly purchasing.
Read more about the Swan at http://www.svanen.se/en/For-Companies/
We are members of the Sweden Green Building Council, an organisation for green building that seeks to further pro-environment and sustainability work in the building sector. The aim is to achieve a situation in which all parties concerned choose sustainable buildings as a matter of preference.
We are members of the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC) and we support their work on forest and nature conservation. For decades, the SSNC has been the most influential environmental organisation in Sweden. We lobby politicians, hunt those who degrade the environment, and press for legislative change. We spotlight burning environmental issues through reports, campaigns, books, debates, conferences and an intensive media focus.
We are members of Cradle Net. Cradle Net is a cross-sectoral network comprising about 100 designers, producers, chemists, architects, eco-strategists and others who are working actively to apply and disseminate information about the circular economy, in Sweden and across the world. Similar constellations also exist in Denmark and the Netherlands. Individuals, businesses and other organisations are welcome to become members of Cradle Net, which is run as a non-profit organisation.